I am a list maker. I love my lists. I live by my lists. Rarely does a day go by that I don't write out or work on my list. One of my favorite expressions..."Plan your work then work your plan."
List making has become something of a hobby with me. It is how I organize, strategize, prioritize and any of those other “izes” that you can accomplish with lists. Heck, I even make lists of lists to make! Dorky, I know. But it’s who I am. :-)
I would guess that I have been making lists for at least 30 years. There has been the list of things to do the last two weeks before I got married (24 ½ years ago!). There has been the list of things to do in month #9 before I had Miranda. There’s always the list of housework that needs to be done and the list of unfinished projects to get to “someday.” And then, of course, there’s the ever-fluctuating, ever-changing, ever-growing list of swaps, projects, and art classes with all the glorious details and due dates.
I’m telling you all this just so I can bring you up to speed with a little list I made this past weekend. Probably one of my finest, if I do say so myself. A veritable list masterpiece.
Just for fun, I present to you my list of...
Things to Gather and Use Up Before I Buy Anymore Of:
- Hand lotions (includes samples and travel size bottles)
- Shampoos and conditioners (includes samples and travel size bottles)
- Hair gel, mousse, sprays, etc.
- Purse size packs of tissue
- Assorted bottles of Advil, Tylenol, and Aleve
- Hand sanitizer (includes travel size bottles)
- Tubes of Neosporin (ummm...we have like five tubes of this stuff floatin' around)
- Chapstick (gadzooks...those are everywhere!)
- Sunscreen (includes samples and travel size bottles)
- Perfume samples
- Non-stick cooking spray
- AA batteries
- Tea lights and votive candles
- Plastic drinking bottles
- Assorted tablets, notepads, post it pads, etc.
You may notice there are no craft items, i.e., yarn, scrapbook paper, etc., on this list. That is a whole other list of its own!!! :-)
And just in case you are wondering...yes, I really do have a life. A girl just has to make time for her hobbies, you know? :-)
Did I mention I like to make itineraries and plan trips too?